Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Preserving Date Night

Like a lot of good things in my life, this started with the State Fair. 

I have entered something in the State Fair for several years, and a few years back I convinced Bradley to do the same. When his chocolate chip cookies won 3rd place, he was hooked! In 2016 we decided we wanted to do some of the food preservation entries the following year, so we scoped out the competition. 

Armed with the knowledge that chow chow probably wasn't going to be a good first showing for us, and that no one on earth had even heard of pickled peaches, we were ready. 

We got all the equipment, picked up some produce from the local farmer's market (and/or Costco), and got busy! The first time we tried this craziness was a Friday night. At first Bradley felt kind of bad for having this as a date night, but we had so much fun with it that we joked about making a blog to chronicle our genius. 

A couple of days later I had it. It just came to me. Which, of course, means it was meant to be. 

Preserving Date Night. 

It's perfect! 

It has layers, depth. 

It's an adventure. 

Oh, and it's award winning. 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I love dates! I love food! I love the authors!
    Side note: I have always wanted to preserve food but seriously I'm afraid of doing it wrong and killing my family. This all stems from relief society when a (annoying) sister that is in charge of the school lunch program spoke to us and basically told us we were idiots if we thought we could can without CAREFUL SCIENTIFIC MASTER INSTRUCTION. I gave up canning after that.....

    ReplyDelete